Make a Difference in Your Patients’ Lives Through Public Policy
As the most trusted profession in the country, the Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association believes that nurses have a unique opportunity to make a difference in the lives of their patients through public policy. PCNA Advocacy helps nurses have a voice, grow personally and professionally, and impact public policy.
Visit our Action Center to take action on important issues today. Learn about recent advocacy activities and contact your representatives about bills that impact.
The Advocacy Award recognizes a member’s leadership in advocacy at the local, state, or federal level in the areas of cardiovascular disease prevention or advancing the nursing profession.
The winner of this award works strategically to bring awareness and support to initiatives through direct interaction with legislators, grassroots or the media.
About PCNA Advocacy
The PCNA Advocacy Committee identifies issues that align with our mission and impact nursing and our patients. Learn more about the Advocacy Committee.
This is a fraught time in our country and politics is increasingly contentious, and while we are not all bound to agree on everything, but that is a part of our great, messy democracy. Thank you for being an advocate for CVD prevention and nursing. Together we can do more!
PCNA works with the following organizations to advance public policy initiatives:
- Alliance for Aging Research
- American Association of Cardiovascular & Pulmonary Rehabilitation
- American Association of Nurse Practitioners
- The American College of Cardiology
- The American Diabetes Association
- The American Heart Association
- The American Nurses Association
- National Forum for Heart Disease & Stroke Prevention
- Nursing Community
- Partnership for Prevention
- Tobacco Free Kids
- Society for Behavioral Medicine