Purpose of the Committee
The purpose of the Continuing Education Committee is to ensure that PCNA program content is conducive to the mission and goals of the organization and includes information and activities designed to enhance, improve, or maintain the healthcare providers, particularly the nurse practitioners, ability to provide high quality care, research, education, and administration.
Description of Duties
- Evaluate material submitted by staff/leaders/committees/editors as indicated by the list of program requirements deemed necessary by the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners
- Perform research as necessary to prove statements made in material submitted
- Evaluate the qualifications of leaders/speakers/editors in order to ensure their expertise in the material presented
- Ensure that the material being presented is acceptable given the audience specified
- Meet on periodic conference calls to review AANP requirements and committee procedures
- Communicate with PCNA staff and program leaders/committees/editors as needed
Requirements for Continuing Education Committee Members
- Member of PCNA
- Experienced cardiovascular clinician, educator, researcher, or administrator
- Experienced in preventive cardiology
Guidelines and Committee Terms
- Committee members will serve a two-year term, with an option to renew for one additional two-year term.
- The Nominations and Awards Committee will appoint committee chairs with consultation from the current chair.
- Once an individual has served as a committee chair (two-year term) he/she has the opportunity to serve on the committee for only one additional consecutive year.
- The committee chair is responsible for working with the committee to set short and long term goals. These will be presented to the board annually