Recognizing Exceptional Institutions
The Institutional Award for Excellence in Promoting Cardiovascular Care recognizes institutions (hospital or academic) that promote cardiovascular nursing leadership and practice through education, training, or opportunities.
Honors and Award
The institution will:
- Receive a plaque awarded at the Annual Cardiovascular Nursing Symposium
- Be recognized on our website and in the Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
- Have opportunity to address the meeting when accepting their award (preferably Chief Nursing Officer or leader within the institution)
- Be invited to attend leadership cocktail hour
- Be recognized in a press release, institution’s own newsletter or local newspaper
- Receive one free registration to the meeting for a representative
- Should be located within approximately 200 miles of the Annual Cardiovascular Nursing Symposium
- Promotes cardiovascular nursing leadership and practice through education, training and/or opportunities in the workplace/ innovation in cardiovascular care
- Demonstrates delivery of outstanding evidence-based, cardiovascular patient care at any point throughout lifespan in one or more areas, such as:
- Cardiac Interventions
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Inpatient/Acute care
- Cardiovascular Risk Factor Management
- Case Management
- Patient and Family Counseling
- Patient and Family Education
How to Apply
Complete the nomination form.
Submissions open July 1. All applications and supporting letters must be received by the PCNA National office on or before December 1.
- 2019 – Mayo Clinic
- 2018 – Johns Hopkins School of Nursing
For questions, please contact the Program Assistant at 608-442-3448 or via email.