Recognizing Excellence in Clinical Practice
The Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association’s Terry Thomas Clinical Practice Award recognizes and encourages excellence in clinical practice of cardiovascular prevention by nurses.
The winner of this award is recognized at the Awards Ceremony at the PCNA Annual Cardiovascular Nursing Symposium with a plaque. In addition, the winner receives complimentary symposium registration, air or auto travel expenses, and 3-night hotel stay to attend the meeting.
- Demonstrate delivery of outstanding patient care at any point throughout lifespan by contributing above and beyond basic job requirements in one or more areas, such as:
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Cardiovascular Risk Factor Management
- Case Management
- Patient and Family Counseling
- Patient and Family Education
- Contribute to the professional development of peers, colleagues and others, such as:
- Development of new forums that contribute to prevention
- Leadership in symposium, workshops, and other training venues that promote prevention
- Mentor-ship of students, peers, and others
Participation in collaborative professional and/or lay activities
- May self-nominate or be nominated by a current PCNA member.
- Be a current active member of PCNA for 1 year or more.
- Attend the PCNA Annual Cardiovascular Nursing Symposium to receive the award in person.
- Have an established career in preventive cardiovascular nursing practice.
How to Apply
- Complete all questions in the award nomination form.
- Upload supporting letters from two active PCNA members.
- Provide a current curriculum vitae.
Submissions open July 1. All applications and supporting letters must be received by the PCNA National office on or before December 3.
- 2021 - Carol Marsh, RN, DNP, CNP, CLS, FPCNA
- 2019 - Susan Halli Demeter, DNP, FNP-BC
- 2018 - Jane Linderbaum, MS, ARNP, AACC
- 2017 - Stacy Jaskwhich, RN, MSN, FNP-c
- 2016 - Lisa Maher, DNP, ARNP
- 2015 - Angela Stewart, ACNP-BC, CRNP
- 2014 - Denise Goldstein, RN, MSN, APN-BC
- 2013 - Eileen Stuart Shor, BS, MS, PhD
- 2012 - Donna Louie, BSN and Robin Wedell, BSN
- 2011 - Susanne Burns, RN, MSN, CCN(C)
- 2010 - Pamela Robertson, RN, BSN
- 2009 - Cynthia Rodriguez, MSN, ARNP, FNP-BC, CLS
- 2008 - Laurie Kopin, Honorable Mentions: Kathleen Zarling and Maria Teresa Lira