Join Dr. Spyropoulos and earn 1.0 Contact Hours learning about the criteria and results from the HEP-COVID Trial that was published in JAMA in October 2021. Dr. Spyropoulos explains the mechanism of action and monitoring of DOACs versus alternate anticoagulant options and the pros and cons of each. Leave with the next steps to incorporate thrombosis prophylaxis in your nursing practice, including inpatient, post-discharge, and outpatient settings are discussed.
- Describe the cardiovascular and neurologic phenomenon that can occur post-covid-19 virus
- Identify inclusion and exclusion criteria for Hep-Covid and Prevent-HD clinical trials
- Differentiate between vaccine-induced immune thrombosis and heparin-induced thrombocytopenia
- Discuss the impact COVID-19 has had on your clinical practice/ life/work/ home environment
Additional COVID-19 Resources
- Article - Cardiac Biomarkers and COVID-19
- CE course - Prevention and Treatment of COVID-19: A review of the current data
- CE course - COVID-19 Long-Haulers: The Search for Answers
Alex C. Spyropoulos, MD, FACP, FCCP, FRCPC
PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030602.