Fall Learning Series: Cardiovascular Prevention Guidelines
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 1.0 CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Boston, First Coast, Maryland, North Carolina, North Central West Virginia, and West Coast Florida PCNA Chapters.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends. Learn more about our other Fall Learning Series events.
You can join the program using this link.
4:30 pm CT Welcome and Introduction
4:45 pm CT AHA/ACC Cardiovascular Prevention Guidelines (1.0 CE) – Cheryl Dennison Himmelfarb, PhD, RN
5:45 pm CT Disease State Theatre
6:45 pm CT Closing
AHA/ACC CV Prevention Guidelines (1.0 CE)
- Define ideal cardiovascular health and discuss cardiovascular health in the US
- Discuss key recommendations of the 2019 ACC/AHA Guideline on the Primary Prevention of Cardiovascular Disease
- Describe a risk-based approach to CVD prevention and risk estimation approaches.
- Review lifestyle measures that are central to CVD prevention.
- Discuss team-based approaches to CVD prevention.
- Identify tools to support cardiovascular risk reduction.
Relevant PCNA Patient Education
- Hypertension Fact Sheet and Booklet (available in English & Spanish)