Learn to spot the tricky conversations that trip you up while on the job, whether between patients or colleagues. You’ll hear tips and tricks to improve your crucial conversation skill sets, including utilizing evidence-based motivational interviewing techniques to improve collaboration in clinical communication and patient outcomes.
This engaging 2.0 CE on-demand course includes a didactic presentation, a panel discussion between the audience and nursing leadership experts, and a literature review.
Member Cost: $0
Credits: 2.0 CE contact hours, 0.0 CE pharmacology hours
- Discuss hallmarks of situations requiring crucial conversation techniques
- Review the components and techniques of motivational interviewing
- Explore crucial conversation techniques in professional settings (e.g., nurse to nurse, manager to nurse)
- Describe techniques for utilizing crucial conversation techniques in patient care settings (e.g., nurse to patient)
- Lisa Maher DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC, FPCNA
- Lola Coke PhD, ACNS-BC, FAHA, FPCNA, FNAP, FAAN
- Dustin Ruth of NextEra
PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030602.