Hear from Dr. Caceres as they explore health disparities within sexual and gender minority populations. Learn key CVD risk factors for LGBTQ+ populations, important prevention strategies, and how to utilize shared-decision making when treating this population. Earn 1.0 CE contact hours with this engaging presentation on CVD risk in LGBTQ+ populations.
Member Cost: $0
Credits: 1.0 CE contact hours, 0.0 CE pharmacology hours
- Identify the health disparities that exist for sexual and gender minority populations.
- Explain the risk factors and the important role of CVD prevention in this population.
- List strategies to increase access to care and awareness of CVD risk in sexual and gender minorities.
- Discuss the importance of shared-decision making in the prevention and management of CVD and addressing knowledge, patient preferences, and barriers in minority populations.
CE certificate is available upon successful completion of the post-test and program evaluation.
PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030602. This activity is approved for 1.0 contact hour(s) (which includes 0.0 hour(s) of pharmacology).
- Article: Cultural Safety
- Billy Caceres, PhD, RN, FAHA, FAAN
PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030602.