TN Upper Cumberland Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn 3.0 CE, 0.7 Pharm and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the TN Upper Cumberland Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
8:00am Registration and Welcome with Breakfast
8:30am Open and Greeting
8:45am Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, DM, and Renal Function
9:45am Women’s CV Care Across the Life Course: Promoting Prevention During Pregnancy and the Postpartum and Childbearing Years
10:45am Stretch Break
11:00am Antiplatelet Therapy Post-Acute Coronary Syndrome
Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, Diabetes, and Renal function (1 CE)
- Explain the role, function, and side effects of SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP1 receptor agonists.
- Review the cardio-protective effects of SGLT2is and GLP1 RAs.
- Discuss the weight loss benefits of GLP1 RAs and SGLT2is.
- Summarize the renal benefits for patients with T2DM prescribed SGLT2is or GLP1 RAs.
- Apply patient and provider tools to enhance access and adherence to medication regimen.
Women’s Cardiovascular Care Across the Life Course – Promoting Prevention During Pregnancy and the Postpartum and Childbearing Years (1.0 CE)
- Identify three pregnancy complications associated with future cardiovascular or cardiometabolic risk
- Identify women who are at increased risk for developing these pregnancy-related complications
- Describe the cardiovascular or cardiometabolic risk associated with these pregnancy-related complications
- Describe clinical guidelines and recommendations for postpartum follow up and risk reduction in women with histories of these pregnancy-related complications
- Apply evidence-based interventions to promote healthy eating, physical activity, and breastfeeding during the postpartum and childbearing years
Antiplatelet Therapy Post Acute Coronary Syndrome: Choosing the Right Therapy for the Right Duration (1.0 CE, 0.7 Pharm)
- List guideline-recommended antiplatelet therapies and indications for their use in the post-ACS patient.
- Identify the most appropriate choice and duration of antiplatelet therapy in selected case studies.
- Outline strategies to improve patient understanding and adherence to long-term antiplatelet therapies.