Oklahoma Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Oklahoma Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|5:30||Welcome and Sign in|
|5:45||Dinner & Hypertension Guideline: Emphasis on Risk|
|6:45||Cardiovascular Related Maternal Mortality|
Hypertension Guideline: Emphasis on Risk (1.0 CE)
- Review the new definition of hypertension and the categories of blood pressure in adults according to the new (2017) hypertension guidelines.
- Describe the association between high blood pressure and cardiovascular disease risk.
- List treatment strategies for hypertension according to patients level and risk, co-morbidities, race/ethnicity and age.
Cardiovascular Related Maternal Mortality (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Describe cardiovascular and cardiometabolic complications of pregnancy including long term risks across the lifespan.
- Discuss the impact of social determinants of heath and implicit bias on cardiovascular related maternal mortality.
- Review current women’s health guidelines, policies and recommendations.
- Examine best practices to prevent maternal mortality including improved hypertension monitoring, increased access to perinatal appointments, and more.