First Coast Fall Learning Program
September 14, 2019
7:30 am CDT -2:30 pm CDT
Adam W. Herbert University Center
12000 Alumni Drive. Room 1020
Jacksonville, FL 32224 United States
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 5.5 CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the First Coast PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|7:30 AM||Breakfast and Registration|
|8:00 AM||Microvascular Angina / Women and Heart Disease - Eileen Handberg, PhD, APRN (UF Shands, Gainsville)|
|9:00 AM||Opiod Overdoses in Florida - Project Save Lives - Sally Finn (Drug Free Duval)|
|10:00 AM||National Guidelines for Cardiovascular Risk Reduction: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, and Activity Guidelines into Practice - Melanie Lehmann, APRN, Ascension/St. Vincent’s Cardiology Southside|
|11:30 AM||Peripartum Cardiomyopathy - Kim Bain, APRN (UF Health)|
|12:30 PM||Esperion Therapeutics (non-CE) (with Lunch)|
|1:30 PM||Use of OTC and Herbal Products in the Cardiovascular Patient - Susan Spivey, Pharm D, Gainsville|
Microvascular Angina / Women and Heart Disease (1.0 CE)
- Define the pathophysiology and clinical presentation, and prognosis of microvascular angina in women
- Identify the potential diagnostic techniques utilized in this patient population
- Define INOCA, MINOCA, and SCAD
- Identify treatment options in this patient population.
Peripartum Congestive Heart Failure (1.0 CE)
- Define Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (PPCM) and Diagnostic Testing
- Identify risk factors and epidemiology for PPCM.
- Explain etiology and pathophysiology for PPCM
- Discuss outcomes, morbidity, and mortality associated with PPCM
National Guidelines for Primary Prevention of CVD: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Lifestyle Guidelines into Practice (1.5 CE)
- Review sources for National guidelines that relate to primary prevention of CVD and where to find them
- Describe the identification and management of major CV risk factors utilizing current guideline recommendations
- Explain how CV risk assessment tolls and patient-centered approaches can help to individualize risk factor management
- Using a case study approach, apply current CVD prevention and risk reduction guidelines to patient care planning
Opiod Overdoses in Florida – Project Save Lives (1.0 CE)
- Explain the definition of Opioids.
- Identify the scope of the problem of opioid overdoses in the state of Florida
- Identify how to recognize and respond to Opioid overdose
- Define and explain the Overdose Prevention Laws in Florida
Over the Counter Medications and the Cardiovascular Patient (1.0 CE)
- Describe the utilization patterns for over the counter medications and herbal products in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Identify potential drug interactions with herbals in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Identify potential drug interactions with over the counter medications in patients with cardiovascular disease.
- Identify and utilize the questions to ask patients to ascertain if the patient is taking OTC or herbal medications.
- Presents a case study of PPCM