Connecticut Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 1.8 CE contact hours and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Connecticut Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
5:00 Social Hour with Light Dinner
5:30 Welcome and Sign In
5:45 Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (0.9 CE)
6:45 Screening for Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation: Identifying the Undiagnosed Patient (0.9 CE)
COVID POLICY of YALE
All attendees must be vaccinated, including the first booster.
Must present COVID vaccination card.
All attendees are required to wear a mask.
Screening for Non-Valvular Atrial Fibrillation: Identifying the Undiagnosed Patient (1.0 CE)
- Review prevalence and common risk factors associated with non-valvular atrial fibrillation (NVAF).
- Describe typical signs and symptoms of NVAF and how to assess for them during a clinical encounter.
- Discuss the importance of pulse taking and follow up ECG to screen high risk patients for NVAF.
- Using case examples, illustrate how to initiate NVAF treatment, provide follow-up and collaboration across the continuum of care to ensure optimal patient outcomes.
Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Review CV risk factors, their relationship, association, and prevalence in persons with obesity.
- Discuss ASCVD risk calculators and demonstrate how to calculate 10-year and lifetime ASCVD risk.
- List the steps in performing a comprehensive cardiovascular physical assessment to screen for safety in starting an exercise program.
- Describe best practices in exercise counseling and prescription in persons with obesity.