Central Valley California Virtual Fall Program
Join the Meeting, Click Here!
You can join the meeting if you haven’t registered, we’ll collect your information afterwards.
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Central Valley California PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
3:00 pm Welcome and Introduction
3:15 pm Managing Stress and Promoting Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic: For Nurses and Their Patients (1 CE)
4:15 pm Mindfulness Tools for Managing Stress (1 CE)
5:15 pm Closing
Managing Stress and Promoting Resilience During the COVID-19 Pandemic: For Nurses and Their Patients
- State the effects of stress, depression, social isolation, and loneliness on cardiometabolic health.
- Identify 3 specific, evidence-based strategies for managing stress and promoting resilience in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Identify two resources for promoting mental well being among patients and professionals.
Mindfulness Tools for Managing Stress
- Describe and preform mindful breath to sue for reducing level of stress
- Compare meditation types and develop plan to implement meditation
- Compare stiff and tense body parts and apply the breath to bring relaxation and sense of calm