Supporting Cardiovascular Nursing Research
The Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association and the American Nurses Foundation have partnered to award a $5,000 grant to encourage the research career development of nurses. In support of the mission of PCNA, individuals whose research is focused on cardiovascular disease prevention may apply.
- Be a current active member of PCNA.
- Address the prevention of cardiovascular disease in the proposed research.
- Present the results at the PCNA Annual Cardiovascular Nursing Symposium within two years of completion.
Submissions open February 1 and close May 1.
- 2019 – Xiaoyue Liu, BSN, University of Virginia. An Innovative Approach to Examine Cardiovascular Health in Chinese Americans
- 2018 – Xiaopeng Ji, PhD, MS, ARN, AGPCNP-BC, University of Delaware. Cardiovascular Risk Assessment Among Late Adolescents: Sleep Variability, Napping and Inflammatory Biomarkers
- 2017 – Muna H. Hammash, PhD, RN University of Louisville. Self-Care Confidence Training for Improving Treatment Adherence in Patients with Heart Failure
- 2016 – Lynn Baniak, PhD, RN, University of Pittsburgh. Characterization of Sleep in Veterans with Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction
- 2015 – Margo B. Minissian, PhDc, MSN, ACNP, University of California. Is Spontaneous Preterm Delivery Association ed with Clustering of Maternal Cardiovascular Risk Markers and Impaired Function? The SPACE study
- 2014 – Pamela Martyrn-Nemeth, PhD, RN, University of Illinois at Chicago: Hypoglycemic Fear: Influence on Glucose Variability in Type 1 Diabetes
- 2013 – Victoria Pak, RN. MS, PhD, University of Pennsylvania: Biological Mechanisms of Sleepiness Symptoms in Obstructive Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Disease
- 2012 – Lea Ann Matura, PhD, University of Pennsylvania: Proinflammatory Cytokines and Symptoms in Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension
- 2011 – Eileen Stuart-Shor, PhD, ANP, University of Massachusetts: Global Cardiovascular Risk Assessment: Kenya Heart and Sole Program
- 2010 – Elena Flowers, RN, MSN, MAS, PhDc, University of California San Francisco: MicroRNA Expression and Cardiovascular Risk Factors