Boston Fall Learning Program
November 02, 2019
9:00 am EDT -1:30 pm EDT
Chelsea, MA 02150 United States
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours (including 0.6 pharmacology), and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Boston PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|9:45 am||Updates in Global CVD Risk Assessment
Speaker: Eileen Stuart Shor NP PhD
|10:00 am||Preventive Cardiology’s Blind Spot (1 CE)
Speaker: Catharine Wetzel, MSN, NP
|11:00 am||Stretch Break|
|11:15 am||Diabetes & CVD Management (1 CE)
Speaker: Laura VanBrockton DNP
|12:30 pm||Akcea Product Theater with Lunch|
|1:30 pm||Update on PCNA International Efforts
Speaker: Laura Hayman, PhD
|1:45 pm||Closing & Thank You|
Preventive Cardiology’s Blind Spot (1.0 CE)
- Review roots and history of diet culture
- Identify the role of changing cardiovascular health strategies in the pathology of obesity
- Discuss “healthism” and the current “wellness diet” as it impacts health outcomes, particularly cardiovascular disease.
- Review the research of long-term weight loss and weight loss surgery on cardiovascular health outcomes.
- Consider our own biases as we treat our patients and our communities
Diabetes and the CV Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management (1.0 CE, .06 Pharma)
- Describe the association between diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD) and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Review ADA standards of care and CVD and CKD risk reduction.
- Summarize clinical trial data supporting the use of antidiabetic therapy to improve CVD and CKD outcomes.
- Explain a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to management of the patient with Type 2 Diabetes and the role of the CV clinician.