2021 Survey Results
Thank you to everyone who took the time to complete the 2021 PCNA Survey. Your feedback helps PCNA focus efforts on creating patient handouts and online education that meet your current needs.
Most survey takers have been practicing for over 20 years, with a primary work focus on patient care. About half of survey takers work in hospital/health system-outpatients, followed by approximately 30% who work in hospital/health system-inpatient. 80% of survey takers are not licensed to prescribe medication, though around 45% do influence patient treatment plans as part of a collaborative team.
Job and Personal Goals
Many survey takers share job-related goals and personal goals. 50% or more of survey takers identified their job-related goals as:
- Improving Patient Clinical Outcomes
- Improving Patient Satisfaction
- Promoting CVD Prevention
- Improving Quality Standards
- Improving Family or Caregiver Satisfaction
- Improving Patient Access to Care
- Creating Healthy Work Environments
50% or more of survey takers identified their personal goals as:
- Improving My Knowledge and Application of Cardiovascular Care
- Improving My Practice
- Improving My Career Satisfaction
- Validating My Expertise as a Health Care Professional
A majority of survey takers serve patients who are men and women and 70% and above primarily serve patients that are 55 years of age and over. Over 70% of survey takers care for patients with:
- Heart Failure
- Coronary Heart Disease
- Atrial Fibrillation/Arrythmias
- Post PCI/Stent or ACS
- Chronic Kidney Disease/Cardiorenal Syndrome
- Implanted Devices Lipid Disorders
PCNA extends their congratulations to our survey winners!
- Christy Crisp
- Kyle Houser
- Sherry Wright
Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We look forward to creating useful, relevant resources based on the information in you shared.