Fellowship provides a means to recognize and award excellence in leadership within PCNA and volunteer service to PCNA. PCNA Fellows will be recognized on the PCNA website and in the Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing, acknowledged at the PCNA Annual Symposium, and will be entitled to use the designation of Fellow of PCNA (FPCNA). This designation reflects not only the professional stature of the Fellow, but also his/her record of valuable service to the association.
A new PCNA fellow must be nominated by a current PCNA Fellow
- Nominee must be an active member of PCNA for at least 4 years
- Nominee must have attended at least one PCNA Annual Symposium within the last 2 years
Nominee must be an active participant on committees of PCNA, involved in the development of PCNA educational projects, and/or other involvement in CVD prevention
How to Nominate 1. Complete all questions in the online nomination form.
2. Upload the following required supporting documents to complete the application packet. Applications that do not contain these items will be considered incomplete and will be returned.
- Two letters of endorsement: one from a PCNA Fellow and one from a current PCNA member articulating how the candidate meets each of the stated criteria.
- A biosketch (250 words or less) that describes the candidate’s clinical and/or scientific interests and, very importantly, all contributions and volunteer service in PCNA (A CV will not be accepted in place of the biosketch).
Both nominators and the nominee will receive a confirmation email within two business days. Please submit all documents together.
– Submissions open July 1. Nominations, applications, and supplemental materials must be received by November 1.
Review and Election
– The Nominating & Awards Committee will review nominations for Fellowship and submit a slate of candidates with completed applications to the PCNA Board of Directors and current Fellows for their review and recommendation. The Nominating & Awards Committee will act on the recommendations of the Board and Fellows to determine which candidates will be elected. Elected Fellows are inducted at the PCNA Annual Symposium
Benefits of Fellowship
– Fellows of PCNA receive the following:
- Recognition on the PCNA website and in the Journal of Cardiovascular Nursing
- Entitlement to use the designation of Fellow of PCNA (FPCNA). This designation reflects not only the professional stature of the Fellow, but also his/her record of valuable service to the association.
- Acknowledgement at the PCNA Annual Symposium and a Fellowship certificate
- All Fellows are required to maintain their membership in PCNA. If membership lapses, the Fellowship status is suspended and should not be used going forward.