Dallas-Fort Worth Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Dallas-Fort Worth Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
10:45 Current Dietary Recommendations to Improve Cardiovascular Health
11:45 Presentation by Boehringer Ingelheim Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (non-CE)
12:45 ASCVD Risk Estimation and Communication
Current Dietary Recommendations to Improve Cardiovascular Health (1.0 CE)
- List the dietary patterns recommended by 2019 AHA/ACC Preventive Guidelines
- Describe mechanism by which trimethylamine-N-oxide potentially increases ASCVD risk
- Identify newer lower sodium foods.
- Explain the difference between a lower carbohydrate diet and a ketogenic diet.
- ASCVD Risk Estimation and Communication (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Describe modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors and enhancers that are known to increase the risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD).
- Explain currently available ASCVD risk estimation tools.
- Apply tools that can predict risk for ASCVD across patient populations using a case study approach.
- Summarize Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring considerations.