Central Virginia Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 3.0 CE contact hours and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Central Virginia Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
10:30 Welcome and Sign In
10:45 Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, Diabetes, and Renal Function (1 CE)
11:45 12 Lead ECG Interpretation (1 CE)
12:45 ASCVD Risk Estimation and Communication (1 CE)
Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, Diabetes, and Renal Function (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Explain the role, function, and side effects of SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP1 receptor agonists.
- Review the cardio-protective effects of SGLT2is and GLP1 RAs.
- Discuss the weight loss benefits of GLP1 RAs and SGLT2is.
- Summarize the renal benefits for patients with T2DM prescribed SGLT2is or GLP1 RAs.
- Apply patient and provider tools to enhance access and adherence to medication regimens.
ASCVD Risk Estimation and Communication (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Describe modifiable and non-modifiable risk factors and enhancers that are known to increase the risk of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD).
- Explain currently available ASCVD risk estimation tools.
- Apply tools that can predict risk for ASCVD across patient populations using a case study approach.
- Summarize Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring considerations.
12 Lead ECG Interpretation (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Review components of the 12-lead ECG.
- Explain 12-lead ECG interpretation techniques.
- Discuss patient care considerations of specific ECG findings including prolonged QT, HCM, WPW, and more.
- Apply 12-lead ECG interpretation techniques through hands-on practice.