Webinars on New Hypertension Guidelines
New Year, New Hypertension Guidelines: Focusing on Measurement and Lifestyle Changes to Reach New Targets
Join PCNA for a hour-long webinar on applying the new Hypertension Guidelines. You will hear from guidelines writing committee member and hypertension expert Cheryl Dennison-Himmelfarb RN, ANP, PhD, FAAN and have the opportunity to ask questions.
Earn 1.0 CE contact hours. Webinar is free to PCNA members. Non-members may join for $25. To register, click on the event below.
January 31, 2018
12-1 PM ET
Re-Broadcast with Live Q&A
February 7, 2018
4-5 PM ET
- Describe the five new blood pressure categories and the rationale for lowering the definition of hypertension.
- Describe the new risk-based approach to treatment and new treatment targets.
- Discuss proper technique to measure blood pressure in health care settings as well as at home.
- Review lifestyle measures that are key to prevention and management of hypertension.
- Identify tools and techniques to support patients in their efforts to adopt lifestyle changes for preventing and treating hypertension.