Join Kim Newlin, MSN, ANP, FPCNA, and Laura Van Brocklin, DNP, FNP, RN-BC, FPCNA, as they explore the links between AFib and stroke, guideline-recommended treatments for rate and rhythm control, and stroke prevention.
Member Cost: $0
Credits: 1.0 CE contact hours, 0.35 CE pharmacology hours
- Describe the risk factors associated with AFib and prevalence of asymptomatic AFib
- Identify key aspects of current recommendations on AFib, anticoagulation, stroke risk, and prevention approaches
- Explain the key benefits of anticoagulation with newer oral anticoagulation agents
- Utilize anticoagulation administration safety protocols to decrease medication errors, decrease unwanted medication interactions, and availability of reversal agents.
- Kim Newlin, MSN, ANP, FPCNA
- Laura Van Brocklin, DNP, FNP, RN-BC, FPCNA
PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030602.