Preventing, Identifying and Managing Afib
Managing atrial fibrillation is challenging. Get tips for talking with patients about their diagnosis and associated risks. Learn guideline-based treatment recommendations for stroke prevention and symptom management.
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
- Identify risk factors for the development of atrial fibrillation.
- List the benefits of early detection of atrial fibrillation.
- Contrast the relative impact of rate versus rhythm management on long-term outcomes in non-valvular atrial fibrillation.
- Summarize the role of ablation in the treatment of atrial fibrillation.
- Eileen Handberg, PhD, ARNP, BC, FAHA, FACC