Measurement and Lifestyle Changes to Reach New Targets
Cheryl Dennison-Himmelfarb RN, ANP, PhD, FAAN, a member of the writing panel for the recent hypertension guidelines, will discuss the new definition for high blood pressure and categories for hypertension. Learn the importance of lifestyle in preventing and managing high blood pressure along with pharmacologic intervention, as well as proper BP measurement techniques for home monitoring and health care settings.
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
- Describe the five new blood pressure categories and the rationale for lowering the definition of hypertension.
- Describe the new risk-based approach to treatment and new treatment targets.
- Discuss proper technique to measure blood pressure in health care settings as well as at home.
- Review lifestyle measures that are key to prevention and management of hypertension.
- Identify tools and techniques to support patients in their efforts to adopt lifestyle changes for preventing and treating hypertension.
- Cheryl Dennison-Himmelfarb RN, ANP, PhD, FAAN