Dr. Colleen McIlvennan provides a compelling presentation on the new and emerging treatment for persons with heart failure with reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) and heart failure with preserved ejection fraction (HFpEF).
This presentation includes an overview of the current guidelines for managing heart failure and a description of the evidence for the four pillars of quadruple therapy for heart failure: RNi (angiotensin receptor neprilysin inhibitor), beta-blocker, MRA (mineralocorticoid receptor antagonists), and SGLT2-inhibitors. Dr. McIlvennan also shares details from recent clinical trials, including those identifying the role of SGLT2 inhibitors in heart failure management. Finally, this course examines case studies and tools demonstrating how shared decision-making can be applied in the treatment options for both HFrEF and HFpEF.
Recorded on December 12, 2021, as part of the 2021 Heart Failure Summit.
Member Cost: $0
Credits: 0.85 CE contact hours, 0.85 CE pharmacology hours
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
1. Review current guideline updates for heart failure management
2. Provide an update on new and emerging treatment options for HFrEF and HFpEF
3. Explain the role of SGLT2 inhibitors in heart failure management
4. Discuss the application of shared decision making in treatment options for HFrEF and HFpEF
- Colleen McIlvennan PhD, DNP, ANP, FAHA, FHFSA
PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030602.