Congenital Heart Disease and Pregnancy
This highly informative presentation by thought-leader Mary Canobbio addresses the growing population of women with congenital heart disease who reach adulthood and desire pregnancy.
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
- Review the hemodynamic effects of pregnancy, labor and delivery.
- Describe maternal and fetal risks in the setting of cardiovascular conditions.
- Understand the importance of pre-pregnancy counseling and evaluation for women with heart disease.
- Discuss management options for women considered moderate to high risk.
- Understand importance of providing preconception counseling to women of childbearing age with heart disease in your practice or setting.
- Mary Canobbio RN, MN, FAAN, FAHA