Understanding connections between diabetes and cardiovascular disease can help you improve your patient care as a clinician.
With this link between diabetes and cardiovascular disease course, you will learn practical approaches for cardiovascular clinicians to incorporate the treatment of diabetic patients in cardiology practices. Stanford endocrinologist, Dr. Marilyn Tan reviews current clinical practice guidelines and prescribing recommendations for diabetic therapies that have proven CV outcomes. Then learn to apply these recommendations to cardiovascular patient case studies with nurse practitioner Cindy Lamendola.
Learn more about the connection between diabetes and cardiovascular disease or about skeletal muscle mass and cardiovascular health.
- Describe how to integrate current guideline recommendations for diabetes therapies into clinical practice.
- Identify co-morbid conditions that impact choice of therapy.
- Summarize clinical trial data supporting the use of antidiabetic therapy in reducing cardiovascular risks and improving outcomes.
- Explain a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to management of the patient with Type 2 Diabetes highlighting the role of the CV clinician.
- Marilyn Tan, MD
- Cindy Lamendola MSN, ANP-BC, FAHA, FPCNA