Improve Access to New LDL-C Therapies
Learn current strategies for managing high-risk dyslipidemia including the use of PCSK9 Inhibitors. Case studies in familial hyperlipidemia demonstrate the application of lipid-lowering therapies in practice.
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
- Compare available pharmacotherapies used to treat elevated LDL-C in high-risk patients.
- Discuss the details of recent outcomes trials of PCSK9 inhibitors including value-related data.
- Identify the current dyslipidemia guidelines and consensus statements to achieve LDL-C goal.
- Provide professional- and patient-related strategies to improve patients access to new cardiovascular disease therapies.
- Illustrate, using case studies, treatment plans for LDL-C reduction in patients with familial hyperlipidemia and atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease.
Supported by an independent educational grant from Sanofi/Regeneron.
- Kathleen Byrne MSN, CRNP