Learn why the flu vaccine is especially important for individuals with a history of atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease (ASCVD) and stroke, as well as the complications associated with influenza. We’ll also discuss vaccine adherence strategies in the era of Covid-19 and provide practical clinical takeaways you can apply as we head into flu season this year.
Member Cost: $0
Credits: 0 CE contact hours
- Describe the burden and potential complications of influenza
- Discuss the relationship between influenza and cardiovascular disease
- Discuss the impact of influenza vaccination as it relates to cardiovascular outcomes
- Highlight the various influenza vaccine options available
- Describe influenza immunization rates in adults, health disparities and identify opportunities for improvement
- Describe the relationship between COVID-19 and cardiovascular disease and summarize current immunization recommendations
- Eileen Handberg, Ph.D., ARNP
- Christina Tankersley, PharmD
PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030602.