Build Your Non-Invasive Imaging Skills
This skill-building workshop will prepare you to anticipate, order and interpret key diagnostic tests in the management of patients with cardiovascular disease including ischemia and heart failure.
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
- List the factors to consider in selecting the appropriate imaging test.
- Describe the clinical significance of nuclear imaging (including pharmacologic stress tests).
- Identify a clinical scenario in which echocardiography would be a better choice than nuclear imaging.
- Describe the clinical significance of abnormal findings on echocardiograms and stress echocardiograms (including pharmacologic stress tests with echo imaging).
- Describe the current state of CT angiography.
- Identify the indication for a coronary artery calcium scan and next steps based on results.
- Identify a clinical scenario in which nuclear imaging would be a better choice over echocardiography.
- Summarize the recommendations regarding cardiology testing in the Choosing Wisely initiative.
- David Anderson, MS, MD, FACC, FSCAI
- Carolyn Landolfo, MD