Evaluating Chest Pain
Learn from cardiovascular nursing master-educator Joan Mersch on how to differentiate acute and chronic ischemia from other causes of chest pain, as well as how to interpret ECGs and other diagnostic tests included in ischemia evaluations.
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
- Review signs and symptoms of ischemia.
- Describe variations in ischemia presentation by gender, age and co-morbid conditions.
- List steps in taking a comprehensive health and symptom history.
- Demonstrate steps in performing a cardiovascular physical exam to evaluate ischemia or determine other causes for symptoms.
- Discuss common order sets to evaluate for ischemia and how to interpret them, including genetic tests and biomarkers, ECG, stress tests and imaging studies.
- Joan Mersch, MSN, RN