Evaluate Risk and Develop a Treatment Plan
People are living long after diagnosis and treatment for cancer. Many cancer survivors die from CVD and in some cases cancer treatments have added to their CVD risk. Learn how to evaluate CVD risk in cancer survivors and develop a plan of care to modify these risks.
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
- Differentiate which cancer survivors are at risk for CVD.
- Discuss effective prevention strategies.
- Identify screening recommendations.
- Discuss the growing population of cancer survivors.
- Present an epidemiological model explaining the elevated CVD risk in cancer survivors.
- Carolyn Miller Reilly, RN, PhD