Gain a comprehensive understanding of the increased cardiovascular complications during childbearing years and pregnancy, the impact of nutrition on gestational diabetes in diverse populations, and practical strategies to reduce cardiometabolic risk burden in women across the lifespan. This knowledge will enable you to provide better care and support to women in marginalized communities and promote equitable cardiovascular health outcomes for all.
- Examine the higher rates of cardiovascular complications during childbearing years and pregnancy and the links to future CVD risk
- Review the current state of overweight and obesity statistics in women, preeminently Black American women, across the lifespan
- Discuss the impact of nutrition in gestational diabetes in diverse populations such as Black American and American Indian/Indigenous communities
- Explore effective strategies to mitigate cardiometabolic risk burden in women of childbearing age and across the lifespan
Non-CE certificate of attendance/participation is available upon submission of the program evaluation.
- Modele O. Ogunniyi, MD, MPH, FACC, FACP, FAHA
PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners as an approved provider of nurse practitioner continuing education. Provider number: 030602.