Anticoagulation Therapy and a Team Effort for VTE Care
This provider/patient presentation reviews the continuum of venous thromboembolism (VTE) care and importance of shared decision making and guideline-based care to maximize benefit and reduce risk.
Upon completion of this continuing education course, participants will be able to:
- Identify and share best practices that can be applied in various settings to increase appropriate prescribing and management of anticoagulation therapy.
- Understand strategies to encourage effective follow-up by patients and their families/caregivers.
- Increase health care provider and patient understanding of the risks and benefits of anticoagulation therapy for patients who have experienced at least one VTE occurrence.
- Demonstrate a team effort in the application of best practices across the continuum of care.
Co-hosted by the American College of Emergency Physicians and supported by an independent educational grant from Bristol-Myers Squibb/Pfizer.
- James Williams, MD
- G. Clinton Shedd, DNP, FNP-BC, RN
- Randy Fenninger, National Blood Clot Alliance