West Florida Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 3.0 CE contact hours (0.8 Phram) and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the West Florida Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
9:30am Sign In
10:00am Type 2 Diabetes: Perspective of Lifestyle Focused Endocrinologist
11:15 am Technology-based Interventions to Improve Self-care and Reduce Readmission Rates
12:45am Strategies for Managing Dyslipidemia Patients with Residual CVD Risk
Type 2 Diabetes: Perspective of Lifestyle Focused Endocrinologist (1.0 CE)
- Summarize current state of affairs, type 2 diabetes and chronic disease
- Describe root cause of type 2 diabetes
- Define mechanism of insulin resistance reversal
- Explain clinical implication of lifestyle medicine on type 2 diabetes
Technology-Based Interventions to Improve Self-Care and Reduce Readmission Rates (1.0 CE)
- Raise awareness on self-management difficulties in heart failure
- Describe steps in the development of a mobile technology for self-care.
- Discuss early results from intervention using mobile technology to improve heart failure outcomes.
Strategies for Managing Dyslipidemia Patients with Residual CVD Risk (1.0 CE, 0.8 Pharm)
- Outline secondary prevention strategies in CVD patients with residual risk despite taking the maximum tolerated dose of statin therapy
- Describe the clinical steps taken to identify statin intolerance (statin-associated adverse effects)
- Differentiate between the indications for statins, PCSK9 inhibitors, and other LDL-lowering therapies