Summer Learning Event
PCNA will be hosting a virtual learning event this summer in place of the spring, in-person chapter events that did not occur due to COVID-19. Earn 2.0 CE at this virtual learning event.
- Smoking Cessation: Counseling Strategies and Pharmacologic Treatments, presented by Lisa Maher DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC
- Effective Diagnosis and Treatment of Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy (ATTR-CM), presented by Kathleen Byrne CRNP, FPCNA, CLS
|10:30 AM CT||Welcome|
|10:45 AM CT||Smoking Cessation: Counseling Strategies and Pharmacologic Treatments
Lisa Maher, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC
|11:45 AM CT||Product Theater by Esperion: NEXLETOL and NEXLIZET: Oral, Nonstatin Therapies for Lowering LDL-C Cardiovascular Disease and Lipid Management|
|12:45 PM CT||Effective Diagnosis and Treatment of Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy (ATTR-CM)
Kathleen Byrne CRNP, FPCNA, CLS
|1:45 PM CT||Closing|
Smoking Cessation: Counseling Strategies and Pharmacologic Treatments (1 CE)
- Participants will be able to identify current patterns of nicotine use and their health impacts.
- Participants will be able to discuss how to assess a patient for readiness to quit smoking and use the assessment to plan next steps toward cessation.
- Participants will be able to discuss treatment options available for smoking cessation, identifying those that have shown the most successful outcomes.
Effective Diagnosis and Treatment of Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy (ATTR-CM) (1.0 CE)
- Describe epidemiology, pathophysiology and prevalence of ATTR, including hereditary and wild types
- Review current best practices in the effective diagnosis and management of ATTR-CM
- Describe barrier-reduction strategies to promote effective diagnosis and treatment of ATTR-CM
- Explain the use of shared decision-making strategies to assist patients with ATTR-CM and their families/caregivers in increased understanding of ATTR and the role of patient engagement in the process
- Discuss professional and patient education resources available for ATTR-CM.
This educational activity is provided by the Preventive Cardiovascular Nurses Association (PCNA). PCNA is accredited by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) as an approved provider of Nurse Practitioner continuing education, provider number 030602