Southern Nevada District Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Southern Nevada District Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|8:00||Welcome and Sign In|
|8:15||12 Lead ECG Interpretation|
|9:15||Q & A with Dr. Santosh Rane|
|10:00||Diabetes and the Cardiovascular Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management|
|11:00||Q & A with Mary Holstein|
12 Lead ECG Interpretation (1.5 CE contact hours)
- Review components of the 12-lead ECG.
- Explain 12-lead ECG interpretation techniques.
- Discuss patient care considerations of specific ECG findings including prolonged QT, HCM, WPW, and more.
- Apply 12-lead ECG interpretation techniques through hands-on practice.
Diabetes and the CV Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management (1.5 CE, 0.6 Pharma)
- Describe the association between diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD) and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Review ADA standards of care and CVD and CKD risk reduction.
- Summarize clinical trial data supporting the use of antidiabetic therapy to improve CVD and CKD outcomes.
- Explain a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to management of the patient with Type 2 Diabetes and the role of the CV clinician.