Southern Nevada District Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, share a meal, earn CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Southern Nevada Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1 CE)
|AFib in Clinical Practice: Recommended Tools and Treatments to Prevent Stroke + Implanted Loop Recorders (1 CE)
Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1.5 CE contact hours)
- Review CV risk factors, their relationship, association, and prevalence in persons with obesity.
- Discuss ASCVD risk calculators and demonstrate how to calculate 10-year and lifetime ASCVD risk.
- List the steps in performing a comprehensive cardiovascular physical assessment to screen for safety in starting an exercise program.
- Describe best practices in exercise counseling and prescription in persons with obesity.
AFib in Clinical Practice: Recommended Tools and Treatments to Prevent Stroke (1.5 CE contact hours)
- Discuss the risk factors associated with undiagnosed and asymptomatic atrial fibrillation.
- Incorporate effective strategies for early detection of AFib into clinical practice
- Select tools that can help in communicating risk factors, prevention strategies, and treatment approaches with patients.
- Identify key aspects of current recommendations on atrial fibrillation, anticoagulation, stroke risk, and prevention approaches.