Ocala Sunshine, FL Spring Chapter Program
This program has been canceled, we apologize for the inconvenience.
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Ocala Sunshine Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|6:00||Welcome & Sign In|
|6:15||National Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of CVD: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Lifestyle Guidelines into Practice|
|7:15||Diabetes and the CV Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management|
National Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of CVD: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Lifestyle Guidelines into Practice (1.0 CE)
- Cite and locate national guidelines related to CVD Risk Reduction
- Using a case study approach, apply current CVD prevention and risk reduction guidelines to patient care planning.
- Explain how CV risk assessment tools and patient-centered approaches can help to individualize risk factor management.
- Describe how to identify and manage CV risk factors according to current guideline recommendations.
Diabetes and the CV Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management (1.0 CE, 0.6 Pharma)
- Describe the association between diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD) and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Review ADA standards of care and CVD and CKD risk reduction.
- Summarize clinical trial data supporting the use of antidiabetic therapy to improve CVD and CKD outcomes.
- Explain a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to management of the patient with Type 2 Diabetes and the role of the CV clinician.