Northern California Virtual Fall Program
To Join the Meeting, Click Here!
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Northern California PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
8:30 Welcome and Introductions
8:45 Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1 CE)
9:45 Disease Theater Presented by Astrazeneca
11:00 Updates on Cardio Obstetrics (1 CE)
Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1.0 CE)
- Review CV risk factors, their relationship, association and prevalence in persons with obesity.
- Discuss ASCVD risk calculators and demonstrate how to calculate 10-year and lifetime ASCVD risk.
- List the steps in performing a comprehensive cardiovascular physical assessment to screen for safety in starting an exercise program.
- Describe best practices in exercise counseling and prescription in persons with obesity.
Updates on Cardio Obstetrics (1.0 CE)
- Identify three pregnancy complications associated with future cardiovascular or cardiometabolic risk
- Identify women who are at increased risk for developing these pregnancy-related complications
- Describe the cardiovascular or cardiometabolic risk associated with these pregnancy-related complications
- Describe clinical guidelines and recommendations for postpartum follow up and risk reduction in women with histories of these pregnancy-related complications
- Apply evidence-based interventions to promote healthy eating, physical activity, and breastfeeding during the postpartum and childbearing years