Northern California Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Northern California Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
This event is sponsored by Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals.
8:00 am Welcome and Introduction
8:15 am Non CE presentation by Kiniksa Pharmaceuticals with breakfast
9:15 am Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, Diabetes, and Renal Function (1 CE)
10:15 am Cardio-Rheumatology: A Journey from Arthritis to Aortitis (1 CE)
11:15 am Closing
Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, Diabetes, and Renal Function (1 CE)
- Explain the role, function, and side effects of SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP1 receptor agonists.
- Review the cardio-protective effects of SGLT2is and GLP1 RAs.
- Discuss the weight loss benefits of GLP1 RAs and SGLT2is.
- Summarize the renal benefits for patients with T2DM prescribed SGLT2is or GLP1 RAs.
- Apply patient and provider tools to enhance access and adherence to medication regimen.
Cardio-Rheumatology: A Journey from Arthritis to Aortitis (1 CE)
- Identify the cardiac manifestations of common rheumatologic/ autoimmune diseases from a clinico-pathologic and imaging standpoint
- Analyze the current literature and guidelines for screening and management of cardiovascular disease among the rheumatology patient population
- Explore the clinical, research and educational opportunities to develop Cardio-Rheumatology into a collaborative, multi-disciplinary sub-specialty