Northeast Ohio Virtual Fall Program
To join the event, click here.
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Northeast Ohio PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
8:00 Intro and Welcome
8:15 Expanding Preventive Care to the Family: Collaborating with Cardiovascular Genetic Counselors (1 CE)
9:15 Relationship of Type 2 Diabetes and Chronic Kidney Disease: Opportunities for Prevention, Intervention, and Mitigation Presented by AstraZeneca (non-CE)
10:15 Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1 CE)
Expanding Preventive Care to the Family: Collaborating with Cardiovascular Genetic Counselors (1 CE)
- List three aspects performed as part of genetic counseling
- Cite red flag appropriate for referring to a genetic counselor
- Describe how common inherited cardiovascular disease is
Recommending Exercise in those with Obesity and Cardiovascular Risk Factors (1 CE)
- Review CV risk factors, their relationship, association and prevalence in persons with obesity.
- Discuss ASCVD risk calculators and demonstrate how to calculate 10-year and lifetime ASCVD risk.
- List the steps in performing a comprehensive cardiovascular physical assessment to screen for safety in starting an exercise program.
- Describe best practices in exercise counseling and prescription in persons with obesity.