North Carolina Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the North Carolina Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|9:00||Sign in and Welcome|
|9:15||Management of Hypertension in Older Adults|
|11:15||Lunch and Chapter Meeting|
Management of Hypertension in Older Adults (1.0 CE)
- Compare and contrast HTN definitions and treatment goals for older adults based on the American Heart Association/American College of Cardiology, the American Family Physicians, and the European Society of Cardiology.
- Discuss how to adapt antihypertensive treatment based on functional status and autonomy in older adults
- Identify three medication classes that may be considered for use in treating older adults with HTN
Heart Failure (1.0 CE)
- Describe the current heart failure definition and classification
- Review assessment techniques for evaluating patients with heart failure
- Discuss management strategies for implementing guideline directed medical therapy in diverse clinical settings