North Carolina Fall Learning Program
November 16, 2019
10:30 am EST -3:00 pm EST
Burlington, NC 27215 United States
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.5 CE contact hours and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the North Carolina PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|10:30 am||Registration and Welcome|
|11:00 am||Peripheral arterial disease: Risk Factors, screening and treatment|
|12:45 pm||National Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of CVD: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Lifestyle Guidelines into Practice|
|2:30 pm||Chapter Meeting|
Peripheral Arterial Disease: Risk Factors, Screening & Treatment (1 CE)
- Outline the risk factors associated with PAD.
- Describe the clinical presentation of patients with PAD.
- List the steps to perform an Ankle Brachial Index (ABI) to screen for PAD.
- Discuss common treatments for PAD including a supervised exercise training (SET) program for patients with claudication.
National Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of CVD: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Lifestyle Guidelines into Practice (1.5 CE)
- Cite and locate national guidelines related to CVD Risk Reduction
- Using a case study approach, apply current CVD prevention and risk reduction guidelines to patient care planning.
- Explain how CV risk assessment tools and patient-centered approaches can help to individualize risk factor management.
- Describe how to identify and manage CV risk factors according to current guideline recommendations.