Long Island Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn 0.5 CE contact hours/0.5 Pharmacology and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Long Island Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
This event is sponsored by Amgen US Medical.
6:00 pm Sign in and Welcome
6:15 pm Non-CE Presentation by Amgen US Medical (non-CE) with Dinner
7:15 pm Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, Diabetes, and Renal Function (0.5 CE/0.5 Pharm)
8:15 pm Closing
Impacts of SGLT2s and GLP1s on CVD, Diabetes, and Renal Function (0.5 CE/0.5 Pharm)
- Explain the role, function, and side effects of SGLT2 inhibitors and GLP1 receptor agonists.
- Review the cardio-protective effects of SGLT2is and GLP1 RAs.
- Discuss the weight loss benefits of GLP1 RAs and SGLT2is.
- Summarize the renal benefits for patients with T2DM prescribed SGLT2is or GLP1 RAs.
- Apply patient and provider tools to enhance access and adherence to medication regimen.