Leadership Series: Crucial Conversations and the Importance of Motivational Interviewing
Join fellow PCNA members and experienced nursing and healthcare leaders for the next Leadership Series program. In this series, learn how to spot the tricky conversations that trip you up while on the job, whether between patients or colleagues. Hear tips and tricks to improve your crucial conversation skill sets, including utilizing evidence-based Motivational Interviewing techniques that aid in improving collaboration in clinical communication and in patient outcomes.
Join us for the third event in our Leadership Series: Crucial Conversations and the Importance of Motivational Interviewing. This course will include three components:
- Literature Review pre-reading (0.5 CE)
- Live Q&A Panel on June 8 at 11:00 am CT (1.0 CE)
- Recorded Webinar post-event (0.5 CE)
The live Q & A Panel will take place on June 8 at 11:00 am CT. Attendees will have the opportunity to ask questions of panelists about their experiences with crucial conversations and motivational interviewing.
A Literature Review will be shared with all registrants via email prior to the live Q&A Panel, and the recorded webinar will be available following the live Q&A Panel.
- Lola Coke, PhD, ACNS-BC, FAHA, FPCNA
- Lisa Maher, DNP, ARNP, FNP-BC, FPCNA
- Discuss hallmarks of situations requiring crucial conversation techniques
- Review the components and techniques of Motivational Interviewing (MI)
- Explore crucial conversation techniques in professional settings (e.g., nurse to nurse, manager to nurse)
- Describe techniques for utilizing crucial conversation techniques in patient care settings (e.g., nurse to patient)