First Coast Fall Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the First Coast Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
9:45 Hello and Welcome
10:00 CE Presentation (TBD)
11:00 Risk Communication: Being an Advocate and coaching your patient to be an advocate (1 CE)
12:00 Janssen Presentation with Lunch (non-CE)
1:00 12 Lead ECG Interpretation (1 CE)
Risk Communication: Being an Advocate and Coaching Your Patient to Be an Advocate (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Describe modifiable and non-modifiable health conditions and behaviors that are known to increase the risk of cardiovascular disease.
- Explain risk tools, calculators, and scoring systems that are available (ASCVD Risk Estimator PLUS, Reynolds Risk Score, Coronary Artery Calcium Scan, and more).
- Discuss best practices to empower patients related to benefit practices such as non-medical switching and copayment programs.
- Summarize the renal benefits for patients with T2DM prescribed SGLT2is or GLP1 RAs. Apply tools that can predict risk for CVD across patient populations using a case study approach.
12 Lead ECG Interpretation (1.0 CE contact hours)
- Review components of the 12-lead ECG.
- Explain 12-lead ECG interpretation techniques.
- Discuss patient care considerations of specific ECG findings including prolonged QT, HCM, WPW, and more.
- Apply 12-lead ECG interpretation techniques through hands-on practice.