Fall Learning Series: Pulmonary Management of Acute COVID-19 and Frontline Heroes
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Cedar Valley IA, Chicagoland, and Houston PCNA Chapters.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends. Learn more about our other Fall Learning Series events.
6:00 pm CT – Welcome and Introduction
6:15 pm CT – Pulmonary Management of Acute COVID-19 Care: From ECMO to Rehab (1.0 CE) – Rahat Hussian, MD
7:15 pm CT – Front Line Heroes: Caring for Our Own (1.0 CE) – Rhonda Leverton, RN, BSN, CCRP, CVRN-BC
8:15 pm CT – Closing
Pulmonary Management of Acute COVID-19 Care: From ECMO to Rehab (1.0 CE)
- Discuss COVID – 19 diagnosis and signs and symptoms.
- Differentiate between Mild symptoms vs symptoms leading to critical care admission and ECMO.
- Discuss indications for use of ECMO the mechanisms of treatment.
- Describe Outcomes of ECMO vs NO ECMO.
- Review ideal recovery options and outpatient follow-up.
Front Line Heroes: Caring for Our Own (1.0 CE)
- Identify and discuss current CDC recommendations for screening and AACVPR suggestions for admission to cardiac and pulmonary rehab.
- Identify most common post Covid complications
- Identify benefits of Cardiac and Pulmonary rehab in post Covid patients.
- Summarize the experience of nurses who experienced COVID and their recovery stories