Northern Minnesota Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.0 CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Northern Minnesota Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
Program supported by Bristol Myers Squibb/Pfizer Alliance.
|9:00||Arrival and sign-in|
|9:45||Stroke prevention Through Afib Recognition and Treatment|
|11:30||Resilient and Sustainable Caring|
Stroke prevention Through Afib Recognition and Treatment (1 CE)
- Describe the risk factors associated with Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) and prevalence of asymptomatic AFib
- Incorporate effective strategies for early detection of AFib into clinical practice
- Identify key aspects of current recommendations on AFib, anticoagulation, stroke risk, and prevention approaches
- Select tools that can help in communicating risk factors, prevention strategies, and treatment approaches with patients
- Utilize anticoagulation administration safety protocols to decrease medication errors, decrease unwanted medication interactions, and availability of reversal agents
- Explain the key benefits of anticoagulation with newer oral anticoagulation agents
Resilient and Sustainable Caring (1 CE)
- Describe the power of personal purpose and identify strategies to develop a purpose statement.
- Recognize emotional triggers and demonstrate the ability to disrupt unhealthy behavior patterns.
- Identify strategies to decrease team anxiety