Dallas-Fort Worth Fall Learning Program
October 26, 2019
8:30 am CDT -12:30 pm CDT
Arlington, TX 76012 United States
Join us for a complimentary educational event this fall, where you can network with colleagues, earn 2.5 CE, 0.6 pharma contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Dallas Forth Worth PCNA Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
|9:00 am||Esperion Therapeutics Product Theater and Breakfast|
|10:00 am||Diabetes and the CV Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management|
|11:00-12:30 pm||National Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of CVD: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Lifestyle Guidelines into Practice|
National Guidelines for the Primary Prevention of CVD: Integrating Hypertension, Cholesterol, Diabetes, and Lifestyle Guidelines into Practice (1.5 CE)
- Review sources for National guidelines that relate to primary prevention of CVD and where to find them
- Describe the identification and management of major CV risk factors utilizing current guideline recommendations
- Explain how CV risk assessment tolls and patient-centered approaches can help to individualize risk factor management
- Using a case study approach, apply current CVD prevention and risk reduction guidelines to patient care planning
Diabetes and the CV Nurse: A Stepwise Approach to Management (1.0 CE. 0.6 Pharma)
- Describe the association between diabetes and cardiovascular disease (CVD) and Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD).
- Review ADA standards of care and CVD and CKD risk reduction.
- Summarize clinical trial data supporting the use of antidiabetic therapy to improve CVD and CKD outcomes.
- Explain a multidisciplinary, team-based approach to management of the patient with Type 2 Diabetes and the role of the CV clinician.