Crescent City Spring Chapter Program
Join us for a complimentary educational event this spring, where you can network with colleagues, earn CE contact hours, and learn more about PCNA. Hosted by the Crescent City Chapter.
PCNA members and non-members are welcome to register and attend this free event. Please share this with colleagues and friends.
Program supported by Bristol Myers Squibb/Pfizer Alliance.
|5:30 PM||Sign In and Networking On the Veranda|
|6:00 PM||Chapter Meeting Update and Dinner|
|6:30 PM||Stroke Prevention Through Afib Recognition and Treatment (1.0 CE)|
Stroke Prevention Through Afib Recognition and Treatment (1.0 CE)
- Describe the risk factors associated with Atrial Fibrillation (AFib) and prevalence of asymptomatic AFib
- Incorporate effective strategies for early detection of AFib into clinical practice
- Identify key aspects of current recommendations on AFib, anticoagulation, stroke risk, and prevention approaches
- Select tools that can help in communicating risk factors, prevention strategies, and treatment approaches with patients
- Utilize anticoagulation administration safety protocols to decrease medication errors, decrease unwanted medication interactions, and availability of reversal agents
- Explain the key benefits of anticoagulation with newer oral anticoagulation agents